Church Administrator – Trinity South Christchurch
The administrator’s role is at the heart of Trinity’s life. It involves carrying out the administrative and logistical tasks as set out below as part of the staff team who are seeking to serve God’s people and see his kingdom grow. The ideal candidate will be a member (or be able to become a member) of Trinity South Christchurch Inc, have experience in office administration, and be able to show very good communication skills, initiative, and a general positive and can-do attitude.
- Involvement in weekly service planning with other staff
- Preparation of run sheets, service sheets, bulletins, Powerpoint, etc. for Sunday services.
- Sermon audio editing and uploading
- Creating notes for prayer meetings
- Creating three-monthly rosters
- Collating and printing annual church phone directory
- Ensure compliance with Charities Services, police checks, CCLI reporting and others as required.
- Counting and banking of monetary collections
- Co-authorisation of online payments
- Co-ordination with staff and others to ensure that equipment required for services and events is available and in place
- General purchasing of supplies for office and church
- Administration of church email address and website
- Answering church phone / social media contacts
- Creation and distribution of weekly email update to church
- Providing administrative and logistical support as needed for church camp, socials, men’s and women’s weekends away (not usually Sunday worship services)
The position is part-time (approximately 8 hours per week), and while there will be some set hours (e.g. staff meeting), other hours of work are negotiable within usual office hours. The administrator’s primary place of work will be at the church offices (currently 10 Indira Lane, Cashmere), although there is discretion for working from home. Remuneration is $8736 per annum.
Expressions of interest should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 6th November 2020, and should include a brief CV.